Thursday, March 19, 2009

breakfastpop

It's 6a.m. Thursday, March 19th 2009 and I am enjoying my breakfast of eggs and sausage. The eggs are perfectly cooked and the sausage is turkey so I am not feeling too guilty. All is well and then POP, my head feels like it is going to explode because I have just read the front page of the newspaper and my appetite is gone. Clearly the world in Washington has gone mad and Congress has clearly lost their collective minds. All of these brilliant men and women who we have entrusted to represent our best interests are scrambling around like lunatics trying to distance themselves from the damage they caused by passing a stimulus bill that they didn't take the time to read! Washington is handing out billions of dollars of our money without regard for how it is being spent. A.I.G. gave millions of dollars to employees who were no longer employed by the company. The company tried to justify these bonuses by characterizing them as retention bonuses. There are two very glaring problems with their assertions. First , the employees are gone so there is no one around to retain. Second, why would anyone attempt to retain employees who drove the company to the brink of collapse? Clearly this represents the death of common sense and I along with countless others mourn its demise.

8 comments:

  1. Dear taxlarry,

    Thank you... see you at breakfast in the morning!

    POP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely.

    Do I get breakfast too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lawrence,

    Thanks for the comment, but NO breakfast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I think I finally succeeded! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for not giving up! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a note to say that I was planning on having blueberries on my cereal in the morning, and now the thought of it is revolting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anita,

    There were no blueberries in this breakfast, but I understand what you were trying to say. The blueberries you speak of were lodged in my corn muffin the other day!

    ReplyDelete