Monday, March 30, 2009

breakfastpop

Good morning! It's Tuesday, March 31st and I am absolutely famished. I'm in the mood for something different so I am preparing Eggs Sardou, a dish for artichoke lovers. If I cook it correctly a delicious poached egg will sit in an artichoke bottom that is sitting atop a heaping spoonful of creamed spinach. As I wait for the spinach to cook and the eggs to poach my eyes drift to an article about North Korea. Unless I'm seeing things, North Korea is poised to launch a missle that is capable of reaching Alaska! Will somebody please tell me why this isn't front page news? I'm so upset that I don't notice the artichoke heart slipping off the spinach mound. By the time I do , it's too late. What is swimming around the pan doesn't look like anything I would want to eat so...POP...no more breakfast. I just hope we won't be able to say the same thing about Alaska.





What are the North Koreans thinking? Is this the international crisis that everyone has predicted Obama will have to face? That this is a test of North Korea's missle capability as well as President Obama's effectiveness in dealing with threats from abroad is fairly certain. What is even more certain is the fact that I don't think this impending event is getting the attention it deserves.





The U.S. military has stated that it could with "high probality" intercept any missle heading for the U.S. The term"high probality" is a bit too tenuous for me.





This entire mess reminds me of the one floating around in my pan. Let's hope that the missle blows itself up upon takeoff, just like my Eggs Sardou!

6 comments:

  1. The North Koreans want to be a super power, and they think that a missle launch will do it!
    How sick it that!
    However, it is not as upsetting as your ruined eggs sardou. Maybe you should just have the protein drink, as I do. Can't ruin that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine,

    We are talking about missles, long range ballistic missles, capable of hitting the states, in the hands of angry maniacs! It's insane. Maybe we should retreat to St. Martin where we can eat croissants in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. North Koreans are pond scum. We should just blow them off the face of the earth. That will be one less problem to worry about.

    I want my croissant with creamy butter and a capucino.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear taxlarry,

    We may have to do just that if a missle heads our way. Let's hope it doesn't spill the cappuccino, screw up the butter or hit Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I'll never eat baked Alaska again.
    Second, I totally agree with taxlarry, but to my chagrin, I've never had a croissant with creamy butter and a cappucino

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anita,

    Baked Alaska is great. Not only does it taste delicious, but you can put it on a spoon and launch it like a missle. I used to do that all the time when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete