Friday, March 20, 2009

breakfastpop

It's 6:15a.m. and I am really enjoying my breakfast of french toast and turkey bacon. The toast was soaked in a creamy mixture of eggs and milk and cooked to perfection. I'm happy and content as I bite into the luscious meal before me and then , POP, breakfast is ruined and once again Congress is to blame!



Faced with the public outcry over the A.I.G bonuses, Congress passed, in record time, a bill that will impose a 90% tax on bonuses paid by companies that received more than 5 billion dollars in bailout money. Employees whose income is $250,000 or more will be subject to this tax.



There is no denying that I am thoroughly disgusted with A.I.G's decison to award bonuses for poor performance, but I am completely alarmed by the fact that Congress thought it prudent to pass an insane bill that can't possibly be constitutional. I believe that our elected officials have acted irrationally and their attempt to recoup this money is merely a grandstand play to deflect the public's outrage away from them.



Congress has seen fit to rewrite history and turn the clocks back at the expense of the Constitution. It will be up to the courts to determine if this bill is legal. The one thing I am certain about is that they are guilty of ruining my breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. I presume you mean "on target'! Let's practice typing after breakfast.Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete