Tuesday, May 12, 2009

breakfastpop

Today is Tuesday, May 12, 2009,  and I am feeling a bit nostalgic.  I am preparing a Blueberry Breakfast Shake this morning using a simple recipe handed down to me by my grandmother.  I need 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries, 1/2  cup of apple juice,  1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk and a little cinnamon.  All I have to do is combine everything in my blender and I'm good to go!

My grandmother followed one simple rule in conducting her life and it was simply this: Everything in moderation,  nothing to excess.  It worked for her and no doubt it would work for everyone, everywhere,  if only the principle could be applied intelligently.

Clearly President Obama's grandmother didn't find this particular truism important enough to pass along to her grandson.  If she had, we wouldn't be faced with the biggest deficit in history. If grandma had told Barack to "think before you speak", then we wouldn't have had to endure the painful spectacle of watching an American President apologize for America. 

My Grandma also loved the expression, "don't throw out the baby with the bath water".   In this case, the baby is just about everything we have built in this country, both good and bad, and like it or not,  this administration is intent on throwing it all way.  

I guess I 'm on a roll this morning with sayings and proverbs, so how about,  "love is blind."  In this case, the love is coming from the press which, with few exceptions , has completely forgotten to apply critical and objective thinking to their news coverage.  We, the public, are not really getting the hard facts, but rather the watered down, dreamy version of  current events.  

"To the victor, belong the spoils" seems very apropos right now.  We no longer have a two party system in this country, because the democrats have swept the nation and effectively shut out millions of people and their representatives from participating in making decisions so crucial to our way of life.

I suppose I could go on and on, but ...POP... I only have one more saying that is directed to the current administration and all those who put them in office, "Be careful what you wish for."



2 comments:

  1. "Be careful what you wish for." That is very true. Like, I wish Obummer would disappear. But, if he did, Biden would be Pres. That's bad. If he disappears then Pelosi would be Pres. That's a bad wish. But, if she disappears, Sen Byrd would be Pres. Unthinkable. But if he disappears, guess who is next in line? HILARY!!! That is a nightmare. But if she disappears, Geithner becomes Pres. So, boys and girls, it is a very true saying that we should be careful what we wish for. All of this shows, that there is no hope, and change is nothing more than the few pennies we have left. No hope at all, we are doomed. BARTENDER...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. taxlarry,

    Your knowledge of the rules of succession are astounding. Your insight into the characterof these people is brilliant and your delivery is very much admired and appreciated. Have one on me!

    ReplyDelete