Thursday, April 2, 2009

breakfastpop

Good morning, it's Thursday, April 2, 2009 and I woke up in the mood for a breakfast that required a little creativity. Today I prepared a very pretty dish of breakfast sausage and ripe cherry tomatoes. I threaded the sausage and tomatoes onto a rosemary branch whose leaves were removed, except for a little bit at the top. I was about to wrap the branch in foil to warm in the oven when I heard that President Obama presented Queen Elizabeth with the very untraditional and inane gift of an I-Pod. I started laughing so hard that...POP... the rosemary branch flew out of my hands and lodged itself in my wall!


Think about it..the President of the United States meets the Queen for the very first time and thinks it appropriate to present Her Majesty with an I-Pod made in China. It is my understanding that he downloaded some show tunes for her. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few rap tunes as well.

Is there anyone on the President's staff whose job it is to decide what gifts would be appropriate to present when meeting heads of state and other dignitaries? If there is such a person, perhaps he or she should consider another line of work. Of course, the buck stops with the President who is actually the person who presents the gift. Apparently, President Obama thought the I-Pod was a cool idea. Not surprising when you remember that he presented the Prime Minister with DVDs and a bust of Winston Churchill. I guess someone forgot to tell him that the DVDS wouldn't work in England and that it is bad manners to return a gift that England presented to America. Can we all say faux pas!

I'm thinking that I just might leave the rosemary branch in my wall. It might be a good place to hang my I-Pod!

5 comments:

  1. Wuzzup? Da dude gave her an I-Pod so she can shake her booty while truckin' ham through buckin ham!!! Issss no big deal! All you white folks get all bent outta shape when a brother do somethin' kool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taxlarry,

    I would have responded sooner, but I had to stop laughing first! Truckin'ham through buckin ham!!!! It's got a great beat and you can dance to it. I give it a 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear POP

    Had two cheese sticks wrapped in low sodium ham and a skim latte for breakfast.
    Maybe the Obamas thought the queen wanted to shake her groove thang at the palace.
    What’s more bothersome than the iPod gift and the faux pas the first lady committed by
    touching her majesty, was the fact that the G-20 meeting only took four and a half hours
    and another I don’t know how many trillions were pledged to solve the global economic
    crisis. Hmmm, sounds fishy. Whenever my family gets together (and there are far less
    than 20 of us), it usually takes about that long to decide on what to order from Chinese
    takeout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Janie,

    You're right, the meeting was unbelievably short in light of the effort that went into getting everyone together. Although the pictures of the meeting portrayed the world leaders laughing and hangin' out like frat boys, the truth might just be they had to monitor the time spent together to avoid a fist fight. As far as the trillions pledged to the IMF, it's no big deal because the money is fresh off the printer and completely worthless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Janie,

    Just a thought....your family sounds ALOT like mine.

    ReplyDelete