Monday, April 27, 2009

breakfastpop

Today is Monday, April 27, 2009, the beginning of a new and hopefully uplifting week.   I am preparing a Three-Pepper Quiche for breakfast using a green, yellow and red pepper cut into strips. I need an unbaked pie shell, 4 eggs, non dairy creamer, a little water, basil and cayenne pepper,  just to heat things up.  When I think about it, I really don't need the cayenne because I have the news to fire my jets...POP... Wall Street is planning on giving out huge bonuses with my money. Please say it isn't so. 

I need to spoon all the ingredients into the pie shell and bake for about one hour.  I'm glad it will take that long, because I need time  to get control of my anger!

In the world I live in, when a company has to tighten their belt they tell the employees the truth and raises are either severely cut or eliminated and bonuses are non-existent.  In the rarefied  world of Wall Street, people are rewarded lavishly despite poor performance. 

I am a staunch advocate of the free marketplace,  but when an institution takes billions of dollars of taxpayer money, your money and mine,  I believe they should be held accountable for their actions.  The minute they accepted these funds,  they forfeited the right to conduct business as usual until every nickel is paid back.  It has been reported that bonuses are back to to pre-crisis levels. The average compensation at some of these bailed-out firms is $500,000 a year.  Bonuses will be in the millions!  Are you mad yet?  I know I'm fuming!

My Three Pepper Quiche laced with cayenne pepper may just have to wait for lunchtime.  I've already heard more than I can swallow.

4 comments:

  1. No news is good news. That is why we have so much news. Common sense died a long time ago. If it didn't, the Wall Streeters wouldn't be getting bonuses. But in this day of Obamunism, what can you expect. The Obamunists (like Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Dodd, etc.) decide to throw money to the wind without any conditions. Whomever catches it, keeps it. It just shows that the idiots running the country are just that, idiots. They have no clue. They are only out to screw the people who have to work hard to keep jobs and pay exhorbitant taxes. Congress and the president are so out of touch they are like the Supreme Soviet. In charge, but no clue. It's JD time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Taxlarry. It's so infuriating even I may try some JD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send some JD to me, as well. I won't "parrot POP and Taxlarry, who are both 100% correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristine,

    JD s on the way. With this swine flu nightmare, it may just be what the doctor ordered!

    ReplyDelete