Monday, April 13, 2009

breakfastpop

Good morning...Today is Tuesday, April 14, 2009 and I am going to prepare a recipe that was created by a twelve year old girl, named Haley.  I've opened a can of crescent rolls and placed them on a greased baking sheet. Now I am ready to spread an entire package of cream cheese on top the the rolls. I've prepared breakfast sausage that I will crumble on top of the cheese and I'll finish the dish off by placing another layer of rolls on top of the sausage.  The baking dish then goes into a 325 degree oven and I will let it brown for about 15 minutes.


I think it's fantastic that a twelve year old would have the interest and desire to create a dish that I can't wait to taste.  While Haley is spending her time productively, far too many other kids are finding idiotic and dangerous ways of eating, or should I say, inhaling candy.  Did I say candy?

When I was a kid I loved candy buttons, candy bars and tootsie roll pops.   I  enjoyed the candy of my youth just as it was presented to me.  It never entered my mind that it would be fun to grind it down and try to inhale it.   Strange as it sounds, that is exactly what is going on today. Kids are buying candy and pulverizing it into a powder.  They are inhaling the powder and blowing  it out their noses.   Doing this doesn't make them high, but it does make them seem incredibly stupid.

The practice is widespread, bizarre and dangerous.  Doctors have warned that inhaling this junk can trigger asthma attacks and infections.   This is insanity and... POP...I'll never look at candy in quite the same way again.

I doubt that someone as sharp as Haley will ever think it cool to inhale candy.  If she's anything like me, the worst thing she'll ever do is stick a green pea up her nose!

Halloween will never be the same...

16 comments:

  1. I guess these kids that inhale candy are a few fries short of a happy meal. They have too much time on their hands. They should go to Somalia and become pirates. Give them something to do to occupy their time, get them out on the ocean for some fresh air and meet new people. Just don't f--- with the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear taxlarry,

    Speaking of being a few fries short of a happy meal...What did you inhale for breakfast? I agree these kids have too much time on their hands, but..Somalia? I am seriously considering taking Janie Rossman's advice and blocking you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a very large breakfast. Did you eat is all? 16 crescent rolls in one sitting?
    I can only comment about your breakfast, as I can't even think about inhaling candy. I must live in a bubble, because I don't know about these things.
    Well, back to my bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristine,

    Yes, I prepared a lot of rolls, but no..I did not eat them all. I froze them for future breakfasts. I know what you mean about the candy, but did you ever stick a green pea up your nose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, POP, I did not hear about this in the news. This is so very pathetic, what is the world coming to? I guess they will be keeping the circus peanuts, the fun dip, the sweet tarts and the necco wafers behind the pharmacy counter with the sudafed....Why can't these kids just sip a little brandy from their parents' liquor cabinet like in the good old days? (no ma, we did not do this, but I heard some kids did)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Janie,

    I really hope the circus peanuts never go behind the pharmacy counter, but if they do, I'll gladly offer up my name, address and phone number to get my hands on some!! I also hope that you didn't hear about the brandy sippers from Abbie.

    Patti,

    How did you get the pea out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear anita,

    The pea came out at the doctor's office. Am I the only one who ever did this? I remember it being all the rage when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Janie,

    Don't be surprised if your comment comes true. The government is becoming big brother and if they decide that circus peanuts pose a threat they will be behind the counter and you will have to show your license to get some. Every time I ask the little clerk at the pharmacy for sudafed I feel like a dope addict.

    As far as brandy sipping is concerned, spare your mother the details. What she doesn't know can't hurt her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would just like to say that while I notice you seem very impressed with the 12-year-old girl's use of crescent rolls in her recipe, I am often mocked for my use of the crescent roll... Interesting...

    Anyway, the inhaling candy thing is disgusting and quite disturbing. What is happening to our youth? Very scary that they would resort to something so stupid.

    And Janie, I seem to recall the despicable taste of dry vermouth and a hair band tied around a liquor cabinet door knob... do you???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Meryl,

    Welcome to POP. Forget those people who mock your easy and time saving use of the crescent roll. All that free time will leave you free to check your liquor cabinet and lock up your candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Meryl... I don't really recall the dry vermouth thing... maybe that happened in Kentucky?

    ReplyDelete
  12. And Meryl, have you have tried smoking a crescent roll in Kentucky?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Janie & Meryl,

    You two seem to have a lot in common for people who don't know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patti,
    I LOVE IT! When Meredith and Matt want to do an interview I will be there to do your hair. Everyone will "Pop"...

    ReplyDelete
  15. ear Jennifer,

    Welcome to breakfastpop. You're invited to breakfast any time your ready for some fun. As far as my hair is concerned, there is no one on the planet better than you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Jennifer,

    Pardon the typo..of course you know I meant to start out with "Dear Jennifer." I wish there was a way to fix these things.

    ReplyDelete