Tuesday, April 14, 2009

breakfastpop

Today is Wednesday, April 15, 2009 and I am going to have last night's leftovers for breakfast today. Yesterday,  I prepared porcini mushroom pasta with pesto for dinner.  I put together a small warm goat cheese salad as a side dish and the combination was luscious.  Coating the goat cheese in egg white and panko breadcrumbs and then browning the cheese rounds in olive oil was the perfect finishing touch to the meal.  It should taste even better this morning or...POP...it could be a culinary mistake as a breakfast choice.

Speaking of mistakes,  culinary or otherwise, President Obama , in a speech he made yesterday, referred to the piracy issue as a privacy issue.  I guess his TelePrompter malfunctioned.  It wouldn't be a big deal, but I can't help but wonder what would have happened if President Bush had made this same mistake.  Actually, I don't need to wonder.  It would have been the laugh of the day, heard loud and clear in the mainstream media.


Clearly, the nation's love affair with Obama is thriving.  The honeymoon period that all Presidents go through is chugging along despite many incidents that normally would have sparked outrage had anyone else been president.  One perfect example of the nation's ability to be selective in their scrutiny is Reverend Wright.  To be sure there was some talk about the Obamas' willingness to sit in the Church of this hate monger for over twenty years, but that's all it was...talk.   President Obama's friendship with terrorist bomber Bill Ayres also caused only a minor ripple during the campaign.  It would have derailed anyone else.  Michelle Obama's comment that she had never been proud of America should have sent alarm bells ringing throughout the country, but once again the spark those words caused burned itself out quickly.

When the President referred to small town Americans as people who cling to their guns and religion, I was pretty sure this would do him in.  Even his connection to racketeer Tom Rezko, rolled right off his back.  Finally,  his awful Special Olympics remark only reinforced the  fact that he should never travel without his friend, the TelePrompter.


So far, his Presidency reminds me of the O.J. Simpson trial.  Instead of a jury in denial, we have mainstream media engaged in the nullification of the obvious.

I could go on and on with other examples, but my breakfast is ready and I'm starving.




7 comments:

  1. Once again, you are right on. W would have been vilified for saying "privacy" instead of piracy. If Obummer said "nucular" instead of "nuclear", one would hear only silence. The morons who voted this putz into office don't realize how they were and are still being scammed. They just look at his smile and floppy ears and become like a screaming teenager at a concert. They don't realize he had a group of about 30 psychologists advising him during his campaign to sway the public. I hope his stupid dog poops all over the White House and he is up to his floppy ears in doggie doo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, once again, POP. Obama's "marriage" to the media continues in the honeymoon stage. How foolish the media will look when they finally see the light - and they will. The way they handle their eyeopener will be amusing; I love when they stumble over their words trying to justify a reversal of opinion. Believe me, there wll be a blunder, but, we just don't know when.
    Now, to my Cinch Shake - yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. taxlarry..this just may be your finest moment! You have a very colorful and interesting way of presenting your views. What a great country we live in; you get to call the President a putz and remain free to insult him yet another day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristine, aren't you tired of those shakes? One other thing.. the mainstream media will never see the light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LORD Yosemite Sam/ aka Taxlarry/ aka Archie Bunker/Homer Simpson...Mark Levin....
    Damn.... you one angry white man

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yosemite Sam? Mark Levin? I am in good company!! And you are right. I am one angry white Man!!! after all, I am white, ain't I?

    taxlarry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop never said this...Taxlarry infiltrated my post. I am now seriously considering blocking him.

    ReplyDelete