Thursday, April 30, 2009

breakfastpop

Good morning...  Today is Thursday, April 30, 2009 and I am going to have a bowl of Cheerios and top it off with some luscious, healthy blueberries.  I realize that my choice for breakfast lacks creativity, but I am pressed for time and it seems like a good idea.

I wonder what the President eats for breakfast these days.  It's not easy to appear in a different venue every ten seconds and still have time for a nourishing meal.  It may be my imagination, but I swear I see Obama on television every single day, sometimes twice a day.  He travels around the country like the Fugitive in search of the one-armed man.  Air Force One must have spent a hefty stimulus package on fuel hauling him and his entourage around.  

Do you think it could be restless leg syndrome that keeps him bouncing around the world non-stop?  Perhaps, someone forgot to tell him that the campaign ended when he actually won the election.  I can't help but wonder how he finds the time to get any substantive work done.  Does he sit in the Oval Office and read documents and formulate policy, or is he flipping through travel brochures and planning his next trip?

No matter what channel I turn on, eventually, I see the President either apologizing for America's wanton ways or pitching something.  Unless I was hallucinating, I believe I saw him doing a infomercial for the company that produces TelePrompters!

I am so bummed.  Every time I see President Obama on television the Joe Jones song...POPS...into my head...
                                                     You talk too much
                                                     You worry me to death
                                                     You talk too much
                                                     You even worry my pet
                                                     You just talk, 
                                                     Talk too much

Enjoy the rest of the day.  My Cheerios were quite delicious.
                      


2 comments:

  1. I have been told that Hugo Chavez is on TV in Venezuela 24/7. I believe that when Chavez met Obummer, Chavez told him to keep his face on TV all of the time. The people will become mezmerized and zombie-like and will not be able to determine what is real and what is not real. Obummer has taken his pal Hugo's advice. I am so sick of looking at ol' Floppy Ears on TV day in and day out. The thing is, he has nothing to say that I agree with. DO SOME WORK, YOU BUM! Pretty soon we will be an Obamunist country with one TV channel with him on it all the time. Where's my JD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. taxlarry,

    I think you are on to something. As I recall I did see Obama and Chavez whispering and huddling. Where's my Pinot Noir!

    ReplyDelete