Monday, April 6, 2009

breakfastpop

Today is Monday, April 6, 2009 and I'm really in the mood for a toasted bagel. Instead of cream cheese, I am going to use ricotta cheese, rich red tomatoes and crushed pepper. I am about to take my first delicious bite when a small article in the paper catches my eye. For the moment the story seems more enticing than the bagel so...POP..breakfast will have to wait. I'm too busy laughing.

It seems that the White House published a number that was distributed to journalists who wanted to conference into news briefings. I can only imagine the first reporter who dialed in and heard, "For a good time, call Hillary". Could the staff member who provided this number without checking it for accuracy be the same person that gives the President gift ideas? If so, I say give this man or woman a raise.

I would like to personally thank you for starting off my day with a luscious laugh that makes my bagel taste even better.

2 comments: